Greetings WordCamp Attendees! If you are attending Friday’s Workshops and Beginner Sessions, please make a note of the following:
– Most important to note that Friday’s event is NOT happening at the University of Miami but instead at the Miami Marriott Dadeland hotel (Near Dadeland Mall). This is the full address:
Miami Marriott Dadeland
9090 South Dadeland Boulevard
Miami, FL 33156
– Please check out our location page for maps and information on the venue: https://2012.miami.wordcamp.org/location/
– If you are driving and parking at the hotel, there is a mandatory valet parking fee of $8. So we recommend you have a little bit of cash on you. There is free parking available in areas surrounding the hotel.
– Due to budget restrictions, we will not be serving food at the event. So you might want to grab coffee on your way in the morning, if that’s your thing. Also we are allowing two hours for lunch to allow attendees plenty of time to enjoy a bite to eat and network with fellow guests and attendees. There is a partial list of lunch options at this url (and as you can see, there are alot of choices – and if you want to bring a bag lunch that perfectly fine too):
– For the morning workshops, we are recommending bring your own laptop that can connect to the Internet. The only real “software” you’ll need is a modern browser. A laptop or tablet is not required for the workshops, but it is recommended.
– Here is a general schedule of what we will be covering:
Introduction to Workshop
Differences of .com and .org
Choosing a domain name
Different Types of Web Hosting
CPanel WordPress Installation
Overview of WordPress Dashboard (interactive demo)
Intro to Themes (interactive demo)
Intro to Plugins (interactive demo)
Please be on the lookout for additional updates as we approach the end of the week!